Adult dental care
Dental Caries is the medical term for tooth decay. It is one of the most common preventable diseases worldwide. Though it’s incidence has significantly diminished over the years due to the use of fluorides and an increase in patient awareness, it is still a major disease in India.
Teeth are susceptible to decay, infection & breakage and, when possible, can be restored back to health. Through improved techniques and modern technology, we have a plethora of options for restoring a tooth back to its normal shape, appearance and function..
What can you achieve through Restorative dental procedures:
- Smile enhancements
- Filling-in unattractive gaps between teeth
- Improving or correcting an improper bite
- Restore normal eating and chewing
- Preventing tooth loss
- Relieving dental pain
- Repairing damaged and decayed teeth
- Replace old, unattractive dental treatments
- Filling empty spaces in the mouth helps keep teeth properly aligned
- Replacing teeth makes it easier to maintain good oral care habits to help prevent plaque build-up and the problems plaque can lead to
- Missing teeth can affect your health, appearance and self-esteem
- Improved Teeth Appearance
Professional Dental Cleaning:
Professional dental cleanings (dental scaling and prophylaxis) are very important in preventing Gum Disease. It is recommended once every six months. Your cleaning appointment will include a dental exam and the following:
Removal of calculus (tartar)
Calculus is hardened plaque that has been left on the tooth for sometime and is now firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gum line, and can only be removed with special dental instruments.
Removal of plaque
Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins (poisons) that inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease!
Remove stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during tooth brushing and scaling.
Stops tooth loss. Accumulation of plaque can cause gum diseases